Description

Traveled half way across the country from Wisconsin to California so I could follow my dreams of becoming an actress. I'm documenting my adventures along with the struggles of the true Hollywood story of a no name girl trying to break into the filmmaking industry. I'm not going to sugar coat anything or lie about my experiences to make the journey sound better then what honestly is going on. I will be revealing the true reality, the success if any, and the heartache of what happens when trying to reach this one in a million dream. So come on this roller coaster with me and my dog Gizmo to see for yourself what it takes to make it, what it doesn't, or maybe you'll realize this dream could in fact be for you.

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Audition Callback and touring LA

I got a callback from the feature film audition i went to on Thursday (past blog on film audition http://jahnnarandall.blogspot.com/2011/03/lax-auditions-and-hollywood-sign.html). How the audition process works is first the actor or agent sends a headshot (Close up picture of the actor) and resume (Previous acting jobs) to a casting director. If the casting director is interested in the actor they will have the actor come in for an audition. If the casting director likes what the actor did in the audition room and is still interested then the actor will get a callback. The first audition has quite a few actors going out for the role and then the callback is narrowed down to just a couple of people. Callbacks are really good for an actor to get because there is a big chance the actor may get the role. My callback is on Tuesday, so i will write more about the feature film then. FINGERS CROSSED :)

I did some touring of LA to show my brother and his girlfriend more of California.
Thursday night we went out to the Jon Lovitz comedy club at Universal Studios to watch a bunch of different comedians for a comedy contest. Dante from NBC's Last Comic Standing was their host. The acts were great and it was a wonderful environment with a night full of laughs.


Friday i took my brother and his girlfriend to Venice Beach and a restaurant called Paradise Cove in Malibu that over looked the ocean. Gizmo made some friends along the fulfilled tour day of different beaches on the west-side.

Venice, Muscle Beach
People selling marijuana on the Venice Beach boardwalk, welcome to CA
Malibu at Paradise Cove
Gizmo making friends
It was an emergency to stop to get some cool pictures of the mountains      



Some videos of Gizmo being Giz:

0 comments:

Post a Comment